The marshes of Ielir are home to the Glopoi. A race of warrior toads, the Glopoi are widely regarded both for their martial prowess and for their gregarious nature. While they are infrequently found outside their marshland home, Glopoi are widely respected as fierce warriors and welcome travelling companions.
- +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, -2 Intelligence: What the Glopoi lose in a certain dimwittedness they more than make up for in stamina and charm.
- Medium or Small: Glopoi can either be Medium sized creatures or Small-sized creatures (with normal bonuses and penalties typical of this size). Size is chosen at character creation and does not change.
- Normal Speed: Medium-sized Glopoi have a base speed of 30 feet. Small-sized glopoi have a base speed of 20 feet. Both have a swim speed of 30 feet.
- Hold Breath: A Glopoi may hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to four times its Constitution score before it risks drowning.
- Marsh Move: A Glopoi suffers no movement penalties for moving through marshes or mud.
- Grasping Tongue: The Glopoi can choose to make a grapple maneuver with its tongue on targets up to 10 feet away. You do not provoke an attack of opportunity or incur penalties for not having both hands free when starting a grapple in this manner. Normal rules for grappling apply afterwards.
- Skilled Jumper: Glopoi gain a +4 racial bonus to Acrobatics checks when jumping, and are always considered to have a running start.
- Skilled Climber (Small-sized only): Small Glopoi gain a +4 racial bonus to Climb skill checks.
- Languages: Glopoi begin play speaking Trade Tongue and Bogtalk. Glopoi with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following: Imperial, Delvish, Feyspeak, Hrawka, Gnollish or any of the human dialects.
Most Glopoi clerics, inquisitors and oracles (and all paladins) are devoted to Father Garump, Ilch the Lithe or Arpa Rodo-ban, however there are those who worship the madness of the Life Swallower, the Great Crane Hepchi or one of the various naga cults. Fighters and barbarians are commonly found in Glopoi society, and Glopoi rangers excel in marsh and swampland combat. Glopoi cavaliers, known as Gampo, ride immense toads into combat, a frightening sight indeed. Monks and alchemists are largely unknown among the Glopoi, while summoners and wizards are a rare sight and tend to live outside of Ielir, but there are Glopoi sorcerers, druids and witches. Many Glopoi who leave the marshes to travel the wide world are rogues and bards.
Your tongue is very long and good at grappling.
Benefit: When using your grasping tongue racial trait, your range improves by 10 feet, and you gain a +2 bonus on checks made to grapple a foe in this way.
Your mind cannot be conquered by magic.
Prerequisites: Glopoi, Wis 15, Uncanny Will.
Benefit: You are immune to enchantment effects.
With a tremendous leap, you can both move and attack your foe.
Prerequisites: Glopoi, base attack bonus +3.
Benefit: When you charge, you may make both a bull rush and a basic melee attack, in that order.
You can use your tongue as a whip.
Prerequisites: Glopoi, Fantastic Tongue.
Benefit: You may use your tongue as a whip, either as a primary or a secondary attack. You are considered proficient with this attack.
You are strongly resistant to enchantment magic.
Benefit: You gain a +3 resistance bonus on saving throws against enchantment effects.
You can run across the surface of water.
Benefit: You can run over the surface of water without sinking. When you stop running, you sink normally.