Amongst the wild clans of the Fey, the Havari are the most amenable to outside races. While the other Fey are generally hostile to humans and humanoid races, the Havari are Nature’s way of reaching out to her wayward children. If the Cili are an expression of Nature’s wrath and the Shuwar an expression of Nature’s creativity, the Havari are certainly the expression of Nature’s patience.
Tall and thin, havari are difficult to describe; the fey magic that created them causes them to take on the mannerisms, tones and minor racial features of whatever intelligent humanoid race they encounter. This ability does not allow the havari to pass themselves off as members of other races, but it does smooth their interactions with those races. Havari are driven to understand other races by entering into their societies and sharing their experiences.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, –2 Strength: Havari are physically weak but surprisingly nimble, and their attitude makes them naturally agreeable.
- Low-Light Vision: Havari can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Defensive Training: Havari get a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the aberration subtype.
- Natural Alignment: Havari are by nature good-aligned.
- Blend In: Their ability to mirror the behavior and appearance of other races gives havari a +4 racial bonus to Disguise skill checks.
- Favorable Appearance: Due to their ability to appear similar to different races, havari receive a +4 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff skill checks when dealing with intelligent humanoid races.
- Insight: Havari get a +2 racial bonus on Sense Motive checks.
- Keen Senses: Havari receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
- Weapon Familiarity: Havari treat any weapon with the word “havari” or “fey” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Languages: Havari begin play speaking Trade Tongue and Feyspeak. Havari with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Imperial, Drago, Delvish, Gnollish, Hrawka, Bogtalk and any of the human dialects.
Havari make superior bards. They also have a natural affinity for the sorcerer and rogue classes; havari sorcerers always have the Fey bloodline. There are no clerics or alchemists among the Fey; Havari druids exist, but are always neutral good in alignment. Other classes available to havari include: fighter, ranger, oracle, summoner and witch. Due to their basic nature, there are no havari barbarians, cavaliers, monks, inquisitors or paladins.