There are few among the humans who remember that their race once dominated the entirety of the planet. Reduced by the Great Cataclysms to a mere handful of their previous numbers, humans have been scrambling back to some measure of security and stability.
- +2 to One Ability Score: Human characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
- Medium: Humans are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
- Skilled: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.
- Languages: Humans begin play speaking Trade Tongue and their own city’s dialect. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages).
All classes are open to humans with the exception of druid and summoner.
Clerics and inquisitors are attached to one of The Nine. Paladins specifically are dedicated to the Tair, Uhunzi Forger, or Kilo Sokara. Oracles take a more philosophical or mystical approach, revering the mysteries that they say the Nine represent.
Monks pursuing the Way of Peace (see Monk of the Lotus), the Way of Understanding (see Ki Mystic) or the Way of Healing (see Monk of the Healing Hand) receive their training from Morgan Priory. Several monk schools are located in Hunkerdown: Harald’s Skolin (see Monk of the Sacred Mountain), the Society of Righteous Harmony (see attached), the Daughters of Pain (see Monk of the Empty Hand), and Hunkerdown Brewery and Arsenal (see Drunken Master).
Human wizards nearly always specialize, and each specialization school has its own hierarchy and is based in one of the Eight Cities. Wizards that do not specialize are called Hedge wizards and are viewed with scorn by others in the arcane arts. Human sorcerers can be of almost any bloodline.